This is beautiful – and lasts for about a week.
- 125g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 190g self raising flour
- 60ml milk
What to do:
- Grease your loaf tin. Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Stir in the flour and the milk.
- Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunch topping if you feel like it.
- Bake at 170 C / Fan 150 C / Gas 3 for 35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
Enjoy – this is great for tea parties, or for self indulgence!