Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Girl who is a friend/Boy who is a friend/Parents/Siblings – obviously the list goes on in terms of people you could be in a relationship with – romantically and without romance too.
Long distance can suck, it can be lonely and it can be boring. You can feel like you miss out on all of their life regardless of whether you see their social media or not. But it can also be marvellous, and spark some great memories.
1. You make the effort to see each other
2. You treasure the times that you have together
3. There is so much to talk about
4. Gossip – and coffee!
5. The hours you’re together pass so quickly – almost too quickly
6. You don’t have time to be annoyed with them!
7. You leave your grumpiness for that day behind
8. Seeing them gives you the buzz that you need during the daily grind.
9. You don’t have to talk every day – which makes talking to them so much better
10. You love them unconditionally – whatever the weather, time of year, hour, what they look like, or what awful other half they may have (this is mainly for my 9-18 years of my life!!!)
I recently met up with my all time best friend – in Edinburgh – and quite honestly, it was a near miss that I didn’t get a parking ticket for talking too much. We were in the café over 2 hours after my ticket had run out and we still had so much more to talk about!!
I love that it doesn’t matter when we see each other, we just pick up where we left off and its difficult to stop either of us chatting away.
I also barely talk to her, like maybe once a month – and I don’t know what she does each day, but I know that when I do see her, it is about US and that is what I love the most about Long Distance Relationships… you make your time together 100% for each other.
What’s your favourite thing about Long Distance Relationships?