2015 is currently an exception on a few levels from this post. Never have I ever seen 14 degrees on the 15th and 16th December… what is that all about?
Dreaming about real winters because…
- Wrapping up so that the only skin that can be seen is that around your eye sockets, and maybe your eyebrows, but with enough pencil even those can’t be hit by the wind or chill…
- Long evenings in front of the fire, with endless cups of tea and comfort food
- The risk that every time you enter your car, you are taking your life in your hands… who knows when black ice will hit… hard.
- Christmas. A cold one, with frost on the inside of the windows.
- The return of classics to the screen… all to add to the beaut situations of Christmas
- Frumpy jumps come back – from the back of the cupboard, with creases from where the folding was done in anticipation for Summer.
- Dog walks become something of a socialising ordeal, with long deep meaningful conversations
- Starbucks Christmas Red Cups. No more needed to be added.
- Winter Warmers – lying back in the chair, tummy full, snoozing.
- Frost. Beautifully crisp fields, seeing your breathe out in front of you.
2015 – bring us the beauty of winter. It’s been too long.